Watch the video that goes with this entry here.
I went in yesterday for a blood pregnancy test. After the blood draw I had lunch at the mall near by and went to Bath and Body Works. I got a honeysuckle candle for my mother in law for mothers day since they were buy one get one free. I wanted them to call with the results so badly, I kept my phone in my hand the whole time. When they called I had actually put my phone in my pocket for a minute. I had wanted them to leave the results in a message so I could listen to it with my husband but then i saw that it was only a 10 second message I knew it was too quick to be the results. Sure enough it was a message asking me to call them. So I called them back once I was in my car, that way I wouldn’t have an emotional explosion of any ind in the middle of the mall.
I called the number they had provided back and it was the doctors personal line. She told me that the results were negative and that the early faint positives I had gotten must have been a chemical pregnancy and that there was nothing present now.
So, now where do we go from here? We will stop the progesterone suppositories and wait for my period to start. Once it starts I’ll go in for a cycle day 1 or 2 ultrasound to make sure we are starting with a clean slate. Then I will be taking letrozole (Femara) this cycle as opposed to the clomid that we did he last 3 cycles since my lining is too thin. Hopefully I’ll be able to get a nice beefed up lining for this cycle. then on day cycle day 11 ill go in for a mid cycle ultrasound to check my follicle sizes and count. If they look good (between 18mm and 22mm) then I’ll us the HCG trigger injection. I have not decided if we will do IUI this cycle or not due to the fact that it is so expensive and I have already spent all my extra money on fertility treatments and the surgery to correct some fertility issues. If we did IUI this cycle it would have to come right out of my paycheck. I make about $800 every 2 weeks so $580 out of a paycheck is pretty massive and I really don’t think I will be able to do it this time. Maybe I can pick up a bunch of overtime shifts next schedule and then we can afford to do another IUI in two or 3 months.